Friday, February 19, 2016

Angels Among Us



I was walkin home from school
On a cold winter day
Took a short cut through the woods
And I lost my way
It was getting late, and I was scared and alone

We all want to make sure we get the job done and we want to finish it the quickest possible way. We do it because we either wanted to impress our boss, our parents or even the people around us. We do short cuts most of the time.

Learning knew things and personalizing it and making some brave action to go against the norm to make our life easier is truly commendable. At work most of the time, I am always encourage in finding new ways to make my life easier, better and of course ensuring that by the end of the day though I have taken shortcuts I still produce the same quality.

However, in life, taking shortcuts are not always the best solution. We still of course need to be undergo everything that we need to do to ensure we gather enough knowledge to finish it right.

We commit mistakes almost everyday. Wrong decisions, wrong people to trust to, wrong plans and just like in the song Angels Among Us we get really scared. We feel alone, we feel neglected, we feel unloved.

Then a kind old man took my hand and led me home

Just like in the song, there will always be someone to stand up beside us. Walk with us and cry with every sorrow we undergo. This is life, it is full of mystery and surprises. We pray earnestly and ask for anything and everything. I believe that God listens and answers our prayer not for what we ask but for what we need.

God send someone to be with us. God send someone to help us go through the challenges. God take away things we actually don’t need. Just like in the song, someone will come and take our hand and will lead us home.

Mama couldn’t see him
But he was standing there
And I knew in my heart
He was the answer to my prayer

I always believe God transforms in many other forms to be with us to guide us. The only thing we need to do is to have that faith in us guiding us despite the turbulence of our life. We might not be seeing HIM nor feeling him. The only communication we have with HIM is simply through prayer. I guess that’s life and that’s faith.

God comes in many forms. The little things we have and the tiny tidbits of life during struggling times are those simple things that comes along away. We may simply ignore it but this are gift from God to let us know he is there, that he is walking with us to take the burden away or to ease our self from the pains we feel.

Oh, I believe there are Angels Among Us,
Sent down to us from somewhere up above.
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live
To teach us how to give
To guide us with a light of love.

This made this song somehow something extra special to me. It reminds me of that little something to let me know that God is there with me all the time and all throughout the journey in this what we call life. It is a reminder that there’s that special someone out there watching over us.

When life held troubled times
And had me down on my knees
There’s always been someone
To come along and comfort me
A kind word from a stranger
To lend a helping hand
A phone call from a friend
Just to say I understand
Now ain’t it kind of funny
At the dark end of the road
Someone light the way with just a single ray of hope.

So to encourage people out there who felt that no one is with them all along. That the world seems so rude and so unforgiving. That the people we look up to seems so distant and curse and telling you that you are nothing just remember that there’s always someone who will come along and comfort you. That someone is a gift from God and touched by God to be with you.

They wear so many faces,
Show up in the strangest places
And grace us with their mercies in our time of need.

Sometimes the always come along in our most unexpected way. But every night when you felt alone, look back from the day I am sure there’s always that someone smiled or texted you or send you a message and somehow even for just a minute you smiled, you were at ease. That someone could be a friend or a guard from a mall or a sales lady in a boutique or even a stranger in the street.

To guide us with a light of love


No comments: