Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The Person Who Inspires Me

I am sure that there will always be someone who would inspire you in many ways. These people will always be someone who are close to you. Your parents would inspire you to do good things; your siblings and other family members will inspire you to be better in whatever you do.

However, there's also that someone that you will meet along the way that is not totally related to you and yet brings a greater impact to you. Over the years, I have crossed path with these totally strangers and brings a light to my life and inspires me either at work or in my personal life.

In my entire career life, I have been always and almost focused in whatever ways I could accomplish. The things that I wanted to achieve. I always ask myself, what are the things I can get out from working in this company. By saying that, I would always think of what awards I will be getting or promotions and then tries so hard to work in achieving those things. Determined and passionate of doing things just making sure I get it before I will end my career with them.

Just recently, about 5 months ago, through the help of social media I came across a person who is totally stranger. Had a few cups of coffee in few unique occasions and would have our normal hi and hello's just like in many occasions. I never thought, I will be more interested in what he does. Until one day, I realized I am more than fascinated in how this person do things. The staggering positivity and humbleness despite the achievements he has under his belt.

Then I ask myself, can I do what he is doing? I continued talking to him having a mindset of achieving at least half of what he has achieved by far. I know it will be a different ball game. A different field. A field I never imagined I will be entering. It is the field of network marketing. I signed up and had a concrete plan. As my nature kicks in, I laid down my plan and ready to kick off. My drive, eagerness, passion of doing and learning the business. I wanted to achieve it in a timely manner.

I see his passion towards the business. I see his determination to succeed. I see how much he cares about the people he invites and joins him in the business, he wanted everyone to be successful. His leadership is infectious.

And so, my journey in the Multi-Level Marketing business has started. The fear is there and the rejection is evident. But as I go through it all, my mentor, the stranger who became a friend is always there too. Constantly reminding me of my goal in the business and above all reminding me to commit with the Lord as well.

I learned that as a leader of the pact, you are not only there to direct people but rather you are also there to cater not only their personal problem but to also bring them closer to their own creator. Yes, you are there to ensure everyone is performing well but you are also there to console and comfort them when they are being fired and stormed with the difficulties and challenges of the business and their life in general. To be sensitive enough to cater for their needs so they can function well in their chosen endeavor. A leader who has the ear and the heart for people.

Yes, it may have been just a few months since I met my business partner turned confidante but it doesn’t discount the fact that he compliments me.

When I joined Max in NWORLD, I am clouded with so many what if’s. The risk that I should go through. It is hard to start something that you wouldn’t know how to end it. That is when a mentor mentee relationship has started. Being a mentee to someone who is so successful in the field and I am learning so much.

What have I learned so far from him?

1.  Listen. It is the only way when you learn to listen not to words your mentor is saying but deciphering what he wanted you to do. After talking to Max about anything, I always asked myself what should I do with what was talked about today? Either we talk about family and politics or business-related situation there will always be something that I can get towards that long hours of talking over a cup of coffee.

2.  Consistency. In life and in whatever we do, I am learning that consistency is the key. “Just keep doing what you need to do and do it every day.” It is something that I am consistently practicing, to be consistent because I know it is my only way to master the art in the field of business I have signed up for.

3.  Passion. Have that burning desire to do what you are doing. I am passionate by nature and I believe on that but the level of passion I do is definitely not on the level if I compare it to Max. I can sense how much he wanted us (his business partners) to be successful. He shares his experience with compelling intense emotion. I wanted to have that level of passion.

I wasn’t hesitant when I was asked by Max to join him in the business venture I was excited because I know I can never go wrong with someone mentoring me as I sail through it. Taking risk in life is definitely a win-win situation for me. If I win then I can lead my future team but if I lose I can guide someone else through experience.


(Wrote this in my Samsung J7 phone)

No comments: