Thursday, February 5, 2015

Its How You Say It

For the past several years working as a call center agent, I have come to a point where I am too frustrated with client evaluation and internal QA score. QA people would listen to your call and judge the call and give you score. At some point, I am always questioning the score sheet as it is frustrating to always have a failing mark. I always think that it will be the least of my concern as I have to focus on the call it self and satisfying the callers by resolving their issues on the product the company is providing.

Then one day I realized I've been a very good score in my QA and I found out that my first few sentence would define how the call would go. The magic is by ACKNOWLEDGEMENT - EMPATHY - REASSURANCE and SINCERITY when you say your scripting. Words are merely WORDS but ITS how you say it that MATTERS the most.

Here's a scenario: 

A customer calls in and very frustrated with his or her phone. He can't use it properly and he simply describe his phone as A PHONE THAT SUCKS!

Here are some tips on how a customer service representative could help and provide a very good customer experience:

1. Let the customer talk and express their feeling and frustration. Then, provide acknowledgement of the problem, empathize with the customer and definitely give reassurance. These three steps would define how your call would go or if you will be turning the customer away and may possible lead to cancellation of their account.

SAMPLE SCRIPTING - "I understand where you are coming from and if I were on your shoe I definitely  would feel the same thing. Having a phone that dont function the way we wanted it to be is definitely frustrating but don't worry I am here to help you with your concern and make your experience better!"

2. Deliver your scripting sincerely. Never ever raise your voice or don't be monotonous. Remember, it is always best to speak to a human being who can understand and who has a feeling rather than speaking to a robot. Remember the customer is not seeing you, so it is how you would deliver your spiel matters the most.

No comments: