Friday, October 2, 2015

On Hatred and Love

People live because they are meant to live either by love and hatred. But why do everyone's life revolve around love and hatred? Were these the only option people has to live by?

While I am resting my back as it extravagantly ache due to a bad fall, I was watching a Korean Drama as I normally do. From the outside of my door I see pitch dark as it is midnight, I hear the rain splatter from the rooftop adorn with the beautiful sound of criket and a croaking frogs. Its like an orchestra producing beautiful sounds the rain, the crickets, the frog sounds that I hate produces the sound music to my ear.

I remember a childs story when I was interviewing him for my college article. He questions life revolving around love and hatred and money.

In my conversation with him I vividly remember the tears that rolls down his cheek while he remembers how he grew up seeing how love binds people together and how hatred shatters them.

For him, it is the amount of love that you see will lead you to a persona you would develop when as you grow. The same way with hatred, it will make you have that strong persona that would either be loved or hated by people around you.

People suffer because of these two powerfull words that would define their personality. The words that can turn people to hide and create personalities that is in return either loved or hated by people.

I peek outside and there'd still be no shadow that would appear, I still hear the orchestra.

That's how we ended the conversation. I wonder how that boy might have turned into after eleven years. I wonder if he was successful finding the answer. I wonder if he ended up having a good life.

In reflection to that beautiful conversation; I may agree that love and or hatred could be a foundation of how someone elses personality may develop through the years but is this also the foundation of how we percieve and either love or hate the person?

Love and hate can make up a huge percentage on how people reacts on certain things. That is how they live their life through the years. However, the developed personality people wont be the fundamentals of our judgement to either liking or creatively persecuting others.

Are these simply parts of cultural norms deeply rooted from the biggest lies of structural society or it is simply the way of life.

Whatever it is... it is a fact of life that somehow may not need to be solved or answered. It is what it is...

No comments: