Saturday, February 25, 2017

Its DayOff Time

We go gaga and exhaust all our efforts at work. Rocking our brain on processes and working on our numbers at work. We pressure ourselves to be the most productive and be as impressive as we can. However, what happens if we finally reach a day or two when we are not at work. I am sure we all love to have a dayoff.


For me, this is a time to do things outside my usual work. DayOff for me is the time to divert my energy and focus to other stuff. I value work life balance. DayOff is my me time.

So how is my usual dayoff looks like?

1. Time to be fit and fab. This is the best time for me to have my walking/jogging me time. I am not a gym rat. I wanted to spend a long walk or jog either at the park or by the road. I want off road jogging since I tend to meet other joggers or bikers along the way. Its a perfect time to be with nature while shedding out some unwanted fats and keep my metabolism working.

2. Reading - after running I am more likely to do reading a John Grisham pocketbooks or reading anything and everything about places I dream to visit one day. Reading diverts my mind from work related stresses. This is also the best time for me ti read motivational books and the bible.

3. Chatting with friends - it is the best time to minggle with people who is not a colleague. It is also the best time to share my plans at work and getting a different perspective on a project I am working or a problem I have be it personal or professional.

4. Watching a movie - movies are made to entertain most of the time but it is also a different way for me to learn how people thinks and approach problem solving or culture of a certain people in different places. Example a Korean Drama is presented in a different manner comparing it to a Filipino or American drama because it was written based on how we are raised.

5. Play with Kids - I dont know why but talking with kids sometimes makes my mood really good.

6. Finishing a household chores - since I live alone, I really dont have a choice but to clean and do all the household chores. Its actually good. Additional exercise for me meaning another form of exercising for me. This includes me watering

7. Learning new things. For me, Ive learned how to do bead accessories and I wanted to create more and better designs. Its one of my new hobby and I wanted to specialize in crystals and gem stones.

8. If given more time... It is also a perfect time to TRAVEL. I love visiting new places. Learning how people live in a certain demographic location, their culture sometimes their langauge but definitely its their culture that attracts me most.

9. WRITE something. Its one of the reason I do blogging. I wanted to write about anything and everything. It is an exercise for my creative mind. I wanted everything to be perfect but its ok if it is not. It is a lifetime partnership to learning.

So this is how I spent my day off. Its definitely a time for me to do other stuff aside from work but it doesnt mean I need to be in a bed all day doing nothing. It bores me to death so I have to do something a bit more productive.

No comments: