Saturday, June 18, 2016

Charlton Wins Third Place in Short Story Writing Contest

When I was given access to corporate email during the time when I was having a product training in the new company I recently joined, I saw that the LGBTP is running a short story contest about financial litteracy. The problem here is that the audience are children from elementary to highschool. As they are going to use the winning articles to promote financial literacy to kids in general.

My struggle is I have to put across the message about financial literacy to a very young age. An age where all they knew is to play.

I agree in the idea of teaching financial literacy to a very young age. That is where education on financial litteracy should start. To let the children understand how to manage their money. To coin words and ideas to bring forth the idea and for them to learn from reading.

I would need to write something interesting as well something that they can relate. Writing such story for children need to be an idea they can relate to, something they can understand.

And so, when I started coining those ideas believe me its difficult but it is all worth the try.


I also urge you to start creating scenarios and start working with your kids the importance of saving and the importance of money in their life. Money is not the root of all evil, it is a medium for you to live a comfortable life and to do this we need to educate our children the importance of it and how it is used as early as their toddler days.

Share me your story and lets publish it here. Of course you will be acknowledge as the author of your own masterpiece.

No comments: