Thursday, June 9, 2016

My first Dress Up Your Doll

Last month I was definitely intrigue with the ongoing contest at work which you would actually need to create your own design and dress up your doll in a Filipiniana gown (the Official National Dress of the Philippines)

I really wanted to join for various reason. On top of which is to test my design skills if I got what it takes to be a designer. (Hahaha another wishful dream of mine) since I am so hesitant I did not pursue but of course with the kind of attitude I have I of course need to try it at least at home.

And so I did. I saw some dolls being sold at the streets while I am on my home, I bought two cheap dolls, Barbie and Queen Elsa of Frozen.

When I started creating my own Filipiniana inspired dress for Barbie and Elsa, I must admit I am blown away! I just can't make my thoughts into reality.

The dress that I will be making will always have a touch of the handwoven cloth of Igorot costumes.

After few weeks of trying and sewing and cutting. Here's my first attempt of my own Dress up my doll challenge!





I am sure there will be more of these in the coming days... And the theme will always be Filipiniana...

By the way, the materials I used are all junk from a dress shop nearby my house. This is my way of at least helping the environment by recycling the waste from the dress shop and create a dress for the dolls. I am planning to give away this dolls to street children in December.

No comments: